Friday, September 21, 2012

Priti NYC Ruffled Velvet Iris

Happy Friday! :-) The end of this week totally crept up on me. One minute it was Monday, I had a whole week to get things done, and I was definitely on track. Next minute, it's Friday, I haven't gotten much of anything done, and I'm totally behind. Ah ya!

Today, I have yet another beautiful polish from Priti NYC to share with you. Ruffled Velvet Iris is a deep, velvety royal purple with lots of fine shimmers in a metallic finish.







The formula is excellent, as is usual for Priti NYC polishes. It comes out smooth, thin, and pigmented, needing just two coats for opacity. It dries fast, so wait time between coats is minimal. And even though this is a metallic, there is barely any perceptible brush strokes.

I'm a total sucker for rich, vibrant colors like this, especially for the fall. The clouds here in the Pacific Northwest get so thick and gray that they cast their dark gray shadow over everything. It looks like color has been wiped out from the world. In such gray times, it's incredibly comforting to look down and see some pretty colors on my nails. :-)

You can find Ruffled Velvet Iris on PritiNYC.com for $12.50 for 0.43 fl oz.

** This post contains a product that was provided to me by the company for honest consideration. How I obtain the products does not influence my opinion. For more info, please view my Disclosure Policy.

24 comments:

  1. Preeeeetty! Just like the brand's name :p

    I totally understand your feelings, a mani can totally cheer up your day! That's why I don't really categorize my colors as fall or summery.

    Well that one is going to be very much appreciated, I foresee! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe I'm glad you like it!
      Yes, a great mani is such a cheer-upper. And for sure this one will be used for that. ;-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  2. Woah!! This is definitely my favorite of them all right now!!
    I love everything about it. The color, the finish the texture... everything!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has to be my favorite of the Priti's you've shown so far!!! I too love these types of rich fall shades!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad you like it! It really is lovely :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  4. Did you hear that, it was me falling of my chair, auuu - and it's all your fault showing beauties and lemmings like this - OHMG it's absolutely amazing....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay I'm glad you approve! I do love this color too. :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  5. OOoooh this is positively BEAUTIFUL!!! Such a lovely jewel toned purple, perfect for fall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad you like it! It's definitely lovely for fall. :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous purple, I really really need to get some Priti NYCs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad you like this!
      You definitely should get some Priti NYCs. I love them. They have gorgeous colors and great formulas. :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  7. Very "priti" color (pardon the pun, I couldn't resist!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love purple polishes, this one is no different! how pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad you like it! It's definitely a gorgeous purple. :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  9. This is a beautiful purple, I love the color shift in it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a delicious purple. I'd buy that given the chance :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woah! Love the colour! My favourite Priti NYC colour you've swatched so far - so rich and royal!

    ReplyDelete
  12. gorgeous purple! looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...