Saturday, February 18, 2012

MyGlam February 2012

Hope everyone is having a relaxing and fun-filled weekend! :)

Today, I thought I'd share a non-polish related blurb with you. I recently signed up for a monthly beauty subscription service called MyGlam, and I just received my very first bag. If you have not heard of MyGlam, it is a monthly $10 subscription service that delivers 4 or 5 full-size or deluxe-sized beauty items to your door. What you will get every month is a surprise, and the idea is that it allows you to try beauty items that you may not otherwise have thought to try. It is quite similar to a few other beauty subscription services out there, such as Birchbox.



My beauty items this month arrived in a bright pink bubble wrap envelope, with the following items inside:
  • Pink with black hearts makeup bag 
  • NYX Roll On Shimmer in color Sea Foam (0.052oz) 
  • X Out Shine Control (0.75 fl oz) 
  • Freeman Hydration Mask in Goji Berry (.5 fl oz packet) 
  • Dead Sea Premier Eye Cream and Revitalizing Mask samples 
  • Ghirardelli chocolates (2 pieces) 
  • NuMe $100 gift certificate (for use towards styling tools & hair extensions only) 

I think the makeup bag is super cute, and I am excited to try out the NYX shimmer and the Freeman mask. The X Out Shine Control's second listed ingredient (after water) is alcohol, and I think putting alcohol on oily skin only dries out your skin and then makes your skin produce more oil in the long run to compensate. As for the $100 NuMe gift certificate, it looks great at first glance, but unfortunately all the items you can buy on the NuMe website with this gift certificate is way over $100.

Overall, I do feel pretty disappointed with this month's bag. I originally signed up for MyGlam because their first bag--the December bag--was filled with mostly full sized makeup items from the likes of Urban Decay, Tarte, and Mai Couture. This bag only had one makeup item, and most of the other items feel quite cheap and gimmicky to me. For me personally, I think MyGlam and I are not a good fit at the moment, and I have cancelled my subscription. However, I will continue to follow MyGlam and I may re-sign up in the future if they shift their focus to makeup again.

Are you subscribed to MyGlam? What did you think of this month's items? What other beauty subscriptions do you subscribe to? Do you feel they are worth the price and the surprise?

2 comments:

  1. Ooh awesome! FYI I have the NuMe flat iron & it is the best flat iron I've ever owned! It's made of 100% ceramic NO metal so you won't burn your hair =) (in case you didn't know what to spend your $100 gc on) ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know. I was wondering about the quality of the NuMe flat irons, but didn't know anyone who had one. Hope you are having a great weekend, my dear! <3

      ~ Yun

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...